Skip to main content

Ceres Elementary School

Main Menu Toggle
🎓✨Congratulations Ceres Students, Families, and Staff on being recognized once again as a California Distinguished School!!!✨
About Us » FAQs



Who do I contact if I need family assistance?

Rosemary Oliva is our school counselor and may be reached

by phone at (562) 464-2200 or by e-mail at


What is your daily schedule?

You may access our daily schedule on our school website or by clicking on the following link: click here


What are your office hours?

7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.


How do I contact the Principal at Ceres?

Mrs. Julie Gonzalez may be reached by phone at (562) 464-2200

or by e-mail at


Where can I locate information on your preschool program? (Special Ed/Integrated)

You may call Ceres School office at (562) 464-2200 and we can answer your questions.


How do I report my child’s absence?

You may call the attendance hotline at (562) 464-2212 or send a note with your child to school.  (A doctor’s note is always recommended.)


Do you offer an after-school program?

Think Together is our after-school program.  For questions you may call Teresa Sandoval at (562) 446-3608.


Do you offer programs for parents?

Yes we offer various classes for our parents.  Please contact Alicia Murphy at

(562) 464-2200 for more information.


Who do I contact about attending Ceres if I do not live in the attendance area?

You may contact Lorraine Rosales in the Permits Department, East Whittier City School District at (562) 907-5931 or by e-mail at


How do I register my child at Ceres? (K-5)

Click Here  to register online or come into the office.  We require a birth certificate, current immunization records, and 3 utility bills with your name and address.


What is Parent Portal?

It is an online system for registering new students demographic information and emergency contacts.  




How do I contact your PTA?

You may e-mail our PTA President, Nadine Huacuja at


How can I donate to Ceres?

Contact our office directly at (562) 464-2200 or your child's teacher.


How can I contact my child’s teacher?

You may call the office at (562) 464-2200 or click on the following link to look up your child’s teacher’s e-mail address:  Click Here